Saturday, January 5, 2013

My sweet mom makes me cry again; Strike 21!



    I think it is worth to be shared.

    I have this behavior of checking my e-mail first early in the morning. But today, my mom let me extend my sleeping hours until past eight.

    She tried not to make noise, not even a knock at my door to wake me. Unknowingly, she was into my desktop, already started to the boot-up scan while preparing my favorite breakfast combo—fried rice, my mom's homemade daing na Bangus (milk fish, marinated overnight and fried), unripe mango salsa perfectly goes with the daing, egg sunny side up, cabbage soup and a hot cup of black coffee.

    I woke up past eight and was surprised by the moment and absolutely touched by her effort...

    This, after a long time, was the first time again that she prepared a breakfast for me.

    As I sat and took a sip of the coffee she had prepared, she whispered, "My only princess deserves a dish served with love." She smiled with tears in her eyes and left me in the kitchen.

    I can't help myself, but to cry like a child. I just murmured my thanks because I can't say a thing. Overwhelmed, she never failed to make me cry first in the morning of my every birthdays.

I saw this Google Doodle on the home page. It was so delighting that a doodle
will greet you on your birthday. Nice one Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment