Friday, January 27, 2012

The Baligang tree

This is last picture that I caught several days before this tree gone.
   Baligang tree is indigenous to the Philippines and is mostly found in the Bicol region. This is the first and unfortunately the of the Baligang tree last I don't know who planted this tree but I really thank him.

   It had been in our yard since the time my parents decide to stay here in Caloocan, 26 years ago (It was 6 years older than me) . My mother said it was from an old neighbor who gave her some fruits from Bicol. She thought it was a duhat (Which happens to look like baligang and sister-like of baligang, anyway.) So she planted the seeds near the stairs to give shed in the future.

   And I thank this tree. I grew up with this tree. When I was young, it serves as a shed for me and my friends in times when we like to play around when the weather really sucks. I never had a chance to climb up to this tree, but my brother was.


    Baligang's flower. I love how the flower looks like. It's like a ball of fur. In 2008, it started to bear flowers and on the following year, we saw its fruit for the first time. It's like a blackberry version of the Philippines. I had lost a lot of picture of this tree when my PC was infected by a virus. It's a good thing that I had posted some picture of the tree from my old blog site ed's copping board

    Last week, my father, though it was a sad (Very sad) decision, had to hire some men to cut down the tree. (I cried the night before that day.) It's trunk have been destroying the cemented fence near it. I suggested an earth balling, but they say it's going to be hard to do that idea because the area was too small for earth balling. 

   It was sad, but we had to say goodbye to each other. But the good news is we had seedlings and is perfectly standing still beside our papaya tree (which happens to be my new friend, anyway).

4 comments: