Sunday, February 17, 2013

Family Day: RETRO SUNDAY



    I just finished having my lunch with my family and now I am sitting here in front of my desk, tapping new entries for my blog while the ideas in my head is still running. (I can hear them right now teasing me 'you will get fat if you sat for an hour after taking your meal!' I wish I could gain weight just because of sitting after meals.)

    Today is Sunday on our meantime; Instead of having a barbecue party today (which we usually do every Sunday as a part of our family bonding), they decided that I must show-off my bartending skills by mixing something new for them.

    I made a Non-alcoholic Alexander for the kids; And, Pomegranate Deluxe for my parents. Proudly saying that these are all my original recipe.



    The non-alcoholic Alexander was originally Brandy Alexander, but my friends who are non-drinkers tend to dislike the bitter taste of brandy, so I developed this new recipe for non-drinkers. Pomegranate deluxe was inspired by the ice scramble mixture that I always bought beside the school building every afternoon during my high school days.


    Going back, upon all the days on my calendar, Sundays is my favourite day not just because everyone in the family are present, but because it is the only day where we could not think of work nor the school and such--we are free to do everything like what we always did when we were younger.

    We are carefree. We don't have to think of either doing things maturely or act like someone so perfect so that people won't judge you negatively. Everyone accepts your personality whether good or bad. Not because we are family that we understand every aspects of ourselves, but because we respect each other and that is what brought us together.

    We are all busy the whole week and Sundays is the only day wherein everyone is free from work and school. So, we make sure that we could bring out all that we can to make this day the happiest, most exciting and the most unforgettable Sunday ever!

    Unfortunately, NO GADGETS ALLOWED every Sunday except for the only telephone, old radio playing retro songs and a television that can be used after four in the afternoon (4:00 PM). (Obviously, I cheated this time! Ha ha!) I wanted to take a picture, but my father refused.

    By the way, my recipes for the drinks will be posted here soon. :)

    Happy Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment