Saturday, June 16, 2012

From Old Fashion Shirt To A Cute And Fashionable Hobo Bag

(I'm not good at tutorial so I decided not to do one, but it appears to be a tutorial in the end.)

     I was in the middle of fixing the clutter in my mom's old closet when I saw my mom's old shirt .

      It has a good fabric (It's a stretchable patterned fabric... and I don't know what exactly they call it) and is still in good condition. I decided to make it a hobo bag since I was planning to go back to Uni this coming semester (Which happens that I'm not financially not able to... There's still a next semester -___-.)


  • To avoid errors in cutting the shirt, I traced the pattern on the canvas. The canvas will serve as the cloth inside the bag.






 
(My marker's not yellow and green, avoid messing with fabric ^-^. I just do SAI paint program to put a mark on the pic.)
  •  The length of the handle of the bag depends on how long the shirt is and on how long you want it to be.





  • This is how the shirt looks like after tracing.







  • Leave at least one inch for seaming. 








  •  Sew the bottom of the shirt same as the canvas. Put the canvas inside the shirt before sewing it to make sure that the canvas won't look too bulky inside the shirt.








  •  After having a sudden change of mind, I decided to put belt loops instead of pockets.












  • This is how the bag should look like.


  • I use the lace as the belt of our bag. It pretty works well with the fabric.










This is how the bag will be after tying the lace in it.












No comments:

Post a Comment