Sunday, September 23, 2012

From old piano/keyboard stand to a artistic drafting table



    From the clutter at the stock room, I found an old Piano/keyboard stand that had been there for almost five years. Good thing is that it hadn't been covered with rusts although it has been stocked there for many years. It has a good quality of coating that preserved the metal for over the years.

   Since it is my responsibility to make use of the things that I refuse to give away. I decided to turn it into a drafting table.


   Using some scrap woods and my small knowledge in carpentry, I made a board and tucked with a wood screw underneath where the keyboard was placed and put a long piece of wood in front as a support. 


   For the board, I used a felt paper as a wood cover instead of applying a varnish. I did some Paper cut design covered with a colorless varnish below the drafting area to make it more stylish and not just as a plain drafting table.

Too much of the designs for inspiration

Flor de lis... Close enough







Trying to capture the gloss



No comments:

Post a Comment