Monday, September 3, 2012

Sirena: Song from a gay's point of view



    It was early morning when I do my daily habit-Reaching for the remote and search for my favorite music channel MYX-and I already missed the half of the countdown because I was a bit late waking up that day. A song caught my attention, that was new to the perception of the Philippine culture.

    The video of the song featured in the new album, "MNKM: Mga Kwento Ng Makata" of Gloc9, Philippine Blacksmith of words, already gained over a million of viewers in Youtube.

    The story of the music video was perfectly genius! If you're not familiar or can't fully understand the language, the video itself will tell you the story of the song.

    A middle aged guy with a heart of a lady that is always been harassed by his own father and is always discriminated by his neighbor since his childhood. And, as the time goes by, his family members are already living independently and his father was left alone. Amid the pain-physical, emotional and verbal- that his father has given to him, he chose to live and take care of his father who happened to have cancer.




My favorite part of the lyrics and was the best line of the lyrics that I have read in my life so far was:

Isang gabi, ako'y iyong tinawag, Lumapit
ako sa'yong tabi ika'y tumangan, kumapit
ka sa aking kamay kahit hirap magsalita
Anak, patawad sana sa lahat ng aking nagawa
Di sinusukat ang tapang at ang bigote sa mukha
Dahil kung minsan mas lalake pa sa lalake ang bakla

 And this is my rough translation of the lyrics:
 
One night, you called me and I came
And, with me on your side you cried
Held my hand though you can't hardly speak
"Son, sorry for what I've done,
Bravery and mustache are never been
the measurement of being a man,
Sometimes, Gays are manlier than a straight guy."




    I almost cry when I heard that line of the song. It was very effective and surely always catches the heart of everyone who will hear the song. No wonder why it is still on the countdown of the said music channel and stays on the same position for over the weeks at number two.

    I hope you will appreciate it the same way as I appreciate the brilliance of the song and its music video.

Watch the video of the song directly from the Universal Records Philippines official YouTube Channel and read the description below to know how to and where to download the song.



Support Original Pinoy Music.
Stop Internet Piracy



No comments:

Post a Comment