Monday, September 17, 2012

Christmas decor from old jogging pants




    I was busy lately, enjoying the pleasure of surfing, literally, over the clutter on our stock room (everything-from childhood until present-is still there, with spider webs and dusts)
 
    I found my old school pants for physical activities. Ah, the atmosphere was so nostalgic. It has been there for almost 4 years. My mother wants to get rid of all the stuff there by donating all of it to make the room functional. But I refuse not, what a very sentimental lady, it is hard for me to let go of things that are part of me especially, my childhood.

   


From an old pants, I made myself a very own Christmas decor. I also made a tutorial that is posted at my Youtube account. I'm not a professional at making tutorial, so I give my best on making the video easy to understand.

Christmas Decor Video tutorial


Procedure: 

For the petals:
  •  Cut a pattern of leaves and petals into a hard paper.
  • Trace the pattern into the red cloth for the petals and green cloth for the leaves. 
  • Make 6 pieces or 3 pairs of bigger petals, same number of pieces with the smaller ones, then cut and sew.
  • Cut a smaller version the pattern for the smaller petals.
  • After sewing, fold the petals inside out.Fold the petals into fourths.
  • Connect each by sewing at the bottom end of the petals.
  • To give an illusion of wider petals, sew in between the sides.
For the yellow balls: 

  • Cut 3 pieces 2x2 inch square of yellow cloth.
  • Use small pieces of cloth as a filling to make small balls.
  • Repeat step #5 (petals) to connect the balls.
Layering:
  • Layer the petals; put the smaller ones on the top.
  • Then add the yellow balls on the top of the petals and sew.
  • Arrange the leaves; do the same pattern as to the petals.

No comments:

Post a Comment